Every Monday this summer I have worked in the Headquaters building of the ministry. This Monday was the first after I finished my first project. I was outside doing landscaping work and preventing leaks from the windows. All of the windows were orginally sealed and caulked from the outside. That proved to be a problem because when water gets in, the outside caulk prevented the water from escaping and going back outside, thereby causing it to go inside and leak all over. I had to remove all of the outside caulk. It took a lot of scraping and cutting with razors and box cutters. Then when I finished that job I drilled three "Weep Holes" into each window. Drilling into metal and concrete was difficult on the drill bits. It was a difficult task, but I really enjoyed being outside and working with my hands.
This Monday I worked IN the office. I was assigned some projects to work on. I sorted through boxes of old cassette tapes that contained talks/messages/sermons/worship services from DiscipleMaker's past (before the days of digital recording). For the 341 tapes I found I then sought reasearch to see if we could ship them to a company that would be able to convert them into mp3 format for us. It was fun doing online research and making phone calls and typing up a report with recommendations It was like "real work."